Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunblock is your friend

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day, perfect for playing frisbee with your dog in the park. We had a great turnout, and the dogs had lots of fun. (Pictures forthcoming. I have the pictures that I took, but I'm waiting to see if people send pictures of Duke playing. I'm nowhere near talented enough to take pics while playing frisbee with Duke.)

I did get a bit too much sun yesterday though. It wasn't too sunny early in the morning, so I forgot to put on sunblock when I got there. A couple hours later, it was quite toasty and I finally put on some sunblock. I know I need to take better care of my skin, so I came home and started looking up sunblock, and found this little site. Did you know that if you're using sunblock over your entire body (like when you're swimming), you should be using 2 ounces at a time? Less than that, and you're not really getting the SPF protection on the bottle. So next time you go out, slather on the sunblock, otherwise it's not working as well as you think it is.

And to make this paws related, they also have sunblock for dogs, recommended for dogs with thin coats or thin skin. Dogs need sun protection too!

No comments: