Sunday, February 7, 2010

The cutest little carnivore

Beef ribs for everyone tonight, including Miss Heidi.



Miss Heidi had a full day today!

First we went to the frisbee club meeting with Duke. Duke and I got one of the member of the year awards. I think that means they figured out we're big suckers and will show up and help as much as we can. Heidi came with us because we were going to a Superbowl party afterwards, and I didn't know how long we'd be gone, and if she could hold it the entire time. On the upside, she met lots of people today at both the frisbee club meeting and at the party.

Duke decided to be annoyingly interested in the food table at the party, so I put the dogs in stays while people were eating. Heidi did amazingly well, considering I haven't done more than a 3 minute long stay with her before. First I had her in a sit/stay, which she broke twice, but that wasn't bad considering it was a new place with lots of people, and she was in the stay for about 15 minutes. Then I put her in a down/stay on her pillow for about half an hour. She broke that once when more people came in, but stayed put the rest of the time. It was so hard for her to be good though, because people were talking to her, and her little curly tail was wagging like crazy.

After people were pretty much done eating though, she made her rounds, going from lap to lap for loving.

When we got home, everyone got beef ribs for dinner. Heidi's molars were starting to get some plaque buildup, and beef ribs are one of the easiest ways to clean teeth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you cook the beef ribs? Are the bone part of the ribs safe? I'm very curious about this. Can you email me at growingupanjwife@gmail.com

My vet told me that actual animal bones are dangerous.

Unknown said...

Hee~! Hee! Those ribs are almost bigger than Heidi! :-)

Sounds like you're both doing great training, Duke!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane