Sunday, May 31, 2009

Are we a slightly spoiled creature of habit, Miss Coral?

Whenever I leave the house, I go through pretty much the same routine. Walk to the front door to make sure it's locked. Grab shoes if the ones I want to wear happen to be by the front door. Walk to the back door to lock that one. Grab either a biscuit or a kong full of frozen goodies and hand one to each dog in their crate. Shut the crates, put on shoes, grab purse, and say goodbye to the pups (who are completely ignoring me at this point if they're working on their frozen kongs).

I was rushing earlier today, so the pups were zooming around me, but by the time I grabbed my shoes by the front door, she knew what was coming next, and Coral was impatiently waiting in her crate for her goodie. Gotta make you wonder if they're just waiting for me to leave so they can get a treat.

In other news, Coral now has a carpeted crate. Yeah, we're not spoiled at all. When we first got her, she would shred any bedding we put in her crate, so she just didn't get any bedding. Lately, I've been putting a pre-shredded old blanket in her crate when I leave, and she's actually left it alone. Sort of. She still kicks it around and throws it everywhere, but this is a big improvement for her. My in-laws had a roll of carpet they had ripped out of one of their rooms, so I grabbed it so I could carpet Coral's crate. We'll see how long it lasts. I'm hoping she can't really pull it up and tear it apart or kick it around.

No comments: